Saturday, June 5, 2010

Holy Ganga.


Well, it is Sunday here (11 hours ahead) and Kiki and I have made it to the ashram after 15 hours of flying and six hours by car. We spent the night driving here, witnessed a bus accident and came up on a bull that had just been hit by a transit truck which had flipped over as a result. I am tired and weary, we arrived around 5am, just in time for some butter tea and morning prayers. There were bells and drumming in the distance and monkeys shrieking in the trees; it was amazing and surreal.

Since it is Sunday, today is a free day. I am hoping to get some proper clothes, maybe an ayurvedic massage and to bathe in the Ganga, other than that there is a constant surrendering to the unknown; different culture, language, customs...and no formal Western routine to speak of.

It is hot today :) and I am tired so I have no metaphors or wit for you at the moment. Just wanted y'all to know that I'm in India...hasn't sunk in yet and I have a hard time believing I will be here for 34 days.

The ashram is beautiful, complete with fruit trees and a library. I am happy and feel blessed to be here. Sending all my love...

4 comments:

  1. How exciting!!! Love to you. Excited to hear all about it.

    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are blessed. Be kind to yourself. Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. got a new bed, both dogs and cat now sleep with me.... why did I want a bigger bed again?! lol! Its actually comforting to have the animals there as I fret over paint colors until I finally fall into a deep slumber. Monkeys?! really?! how sweet is that?!
    nothing much is new here on riverview st. except there is a layer of crumbs and dirt on the floor exceeding about an inch now... tomorrow I'll start to think about sweeping it up, lol.
    Oh, one of the dogs brought one of your pillows into the living room, I went to but it back in your room and got stuck in the small crevace that is your entry way. yes, I hope that brings a smile to your face... your very pregnant sister stuck inbetween your doors. laugh it up.
    Miss you already boo!
    Sending you the majestic vibes of lake superior,
    Bree

    ReplyDelete